As a working woman there are some things I keep in my office at all times. None of these things seem like they would offer much significance, but when you’re in a bind they come in handy. Trust me. Keep reading to see what my must-haves are.
1. A smooth writing, good-looking pen (similar) – The one shown above is perfect for work because it is reliable and professional looking
2. Cute sticky pads (similar) – These will instantly brighten your desk. I love writing notes on vibrant paper for a few reasons. One being, that I can always find the notes I have left for myself. Another being that it simply makes me happier to have these around then boring old yellow notes.
3. Fun binder clips (similar) – This is a simple way to show your personality and tailor your document storage to your liking.
4. A paperweight – I love my Texas A&M paperweight. It is the crest that is on my Aggie Ring and even has my class year on it. I always saw these for sale at the Memorial Student Center with the current graduating class’ year on it. When it was my turn to graduate I made sure to buy one while I could. I love it and it is very special to me.
5. A phone charger (similar) is a non-negotiable (duh).
6. Headphones (similar) – sometimes you just have to drown out the background noise and focus on the task at hand.
7. Hair tie – I never leave home without one.
8. Hand sanitizer (similar) – You don’t want to know how often I use this…
9. Lip Balm – Essential. Leave one in your desk, do not rely on the one in your purse. That is too much back and forth and you are going to misplace it. Believe me on this one.
10. Lint Roller (similar) – Some days you just need a little umph before walking into a meeting, this gets the job done.
11. Stain Remover Wipes (similar) – Sometimes eating a hamburger can take a turn for the worse. I have broken one of these puppies out more times than I want to admit. You know what, they work. I prefer them over the pen type because these do not dry out.
12. Planner (similar) – I do not use my planner to keep track of every single thing I do at work (that’s what the notepads are for). I do use it for all of my personal commitments.
13. Pencil bag – I absolutely love my customized Jon Hart bag. It can be used as a makeup bag or anything you want. I use it for my colorful pens and I never have trouble finding it.
Some other items you can keep on hand that are not pictured above include hairbrush, hairspray, bobby pins, toothbrush & toothpaste, socks, hand lotion, and a sweater. I am sure there are many other things that would be useful. Do you have any must-haves in your office? Tell me what they are in the comments below!