I am so happy that the Month of October is here! You see, I LOVE October. The main reason I love it so much because it is my birthday month! As a child, I had THE COOLEST Halloween themed birthday parties and my love for the month has been strong ever since. Seriously, my parties were so fun, people still talk about them. Okay, maybe it’s just me that’s still talking about them. Nonetheless, I love the decor, the number 10, the weather, Halloween, the food, the football, and even the colors purple and orange (This is the only time you will EVER hear me say that). So to kick off the month, I am showing you essentials for a great October!
My birthday is coming up so I thought I would make a fun wish list. In some aspects, my birthday wish list has changed dramatically over the years (see item 2), and in other ways it is the same as it was when I was 16 (hello, shoes). Anyways, here is a list of fun things that I have been coveting! I hope this helps you buy a gift for your sister, friend, or mom!
Leopard Scarf – I don’t care if everyone is going to have it this year because of the Nordstrom sale. I had it in my cart twice during the sale and it sold out both times! One time I had even checked out and later got an email saying that the order would not be fulfilled. I haven’t forgotten about the scarf though. It is so stinking cute and I need it!
Football season is here, and today I am giving you tips on how to best enjoy your time at the game. You can find me in maroon every Friday and Saturday during football season. I have to represent for spirit day on Friday and game day on Saturday.
Things I’m Loving:
- Being Married for almost 3 months – People say that once you’re married nothing changes. I disagree. Things change, feelings change, and everything is even greater than it was as an engaged couple.
- Date Nights – We have always made time to go out, but over the last year with wedding activities it has been harder to be one on one. Everyone wants a piece of the bride and groom. It’s amazing, but can be exhausting. One weekend we did dinner and a movie. This past weekend we went downtown and saw the Houston Symphony perform the music to Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone. It was great! Dates even better now that we are married!
Internship season is upon us and I want to give you a few tips to help make the most of your time with a company!
I know I’ve been a little M.I.A. on my blog lately so let’s play catch up, shall we? It seems like I have been going a mile a minute this year, and for good reason. Our wedding is quickly approaching and between work, wedding planning, my blog-ternship, and social life, I have been non-stop. My typical week has had every minute scheduled, and if I don’t accomplish something, something else definitely suffers the next week (like laundry). I seriously wouldn’t doubt if I’ve put over 5,000 miles on my car in about a month. Although I have been busy, it has all been fun and I would not change a thing! I have missed blogging though. After taking a much-needed break I am back at it.
As a working woman there are some things I keep in my office at all times. None of these things seem like they would offer much significance, but when you’re in a bind they come in handy. Trust me. Keep reading to see what my must-haves are.
1. A smooth writing, good-looking pen (similar) – The one shown above is perfect for work because it is reliable and professional looking
2. Cute sticky pads (similar) – These will instantly brighten your desk. I love writing notes on vibrant paper for a few reasons. One being, that I can always find the notes I have left for myself. Another being that it simply makes me happier to have these around then boring old yellow notes.
3. Fun binder clips (similar) – This is a simple way to show your personality and tailor your document storage to your liking.
4. A paperweight – I love my Texas A&M paperweight. It is the crest that is on my Aggie Ring and even has my class year on it. I always saw these for sale at the Memorial Student Center with the current graduating class’ year on it. When it was my turn to graduate I made sure to buy one while I could. I love it and it is very special to me.
5. A phone charger (similar) is a non-negotiable (duh).
6. Headphones (similar) – sometimes you just have to drown out the background noise and focus on the task at hand.
7. Hair tie – I never leave home without one.
8. Hand sanitizer (similar) – You don’t want to know how often I use this…
9. Lip Balm – Essential. Leave one in your desk, do not rely on the one in your purse. That is too much back and forth and you are going to misplace it. Believe me on this one.
10. Lint Roller (similar) – Some days you just need a little umph before walking into a meeting, this gets the job done.
11. Stain Remover Wipes (similar) – Sometimes eating a hamburger can take a turn for the worse. I have broken one of these puppies out more times than I want to admit. You know what, they work. I prefer them over the pen type because these do not dry out.
12. Planner (similar) – I do not use my planner to keep track of every single thing I do at work (that’s what the notepads are for). I do use it for all of my personal commitments.
13. Pencil bag – I absolutely love my customized Jon Hart bag. It can be used as a makeup bag or anything you want. I use it for my colorful pens and I never have trouble finding it.
Some other items you can keep on hand that are not pictured above include hairbrush, hairspray, bobby pins, toothbrush & toothpaste, socks, hand lotion, and a sweater. I am sure there are many other things that would be useful. Do you have any must-haves in your office? Tell me what they are in the comments below!
When Thursday evening rolls around this happy feeling comes over me. Just knowing that Friday is near makes me feel excited. If I want to stay up a little later that night, no problem. Tomorrow is Friday. If I want to skip my workout, no problem. Tomorrow is Friday. Nothing is going to bring me down when it is almost the weekend. When morning rolls around I can’t help but have that Friday Feelin’. Meaning, I am giddy and excited. This happens to me every week, and I love it. The weekend holds so many possibilities.